Ep 1: Introduction to the Talent TangoBy Amir Bormand | June 4th, 2019 | Comments
Ep 1: Introduction to the Talent Tango
Calling all hiring managers, recruiters, and staffing superstars!
Join us in the first episode of The Talent Tango, where host Amir Bormand dives into everything talent acquisition. Amir is the Co-Founder of Elevano, a California-based recruiting company. He helps hundreds of people find more fulfilling jobs every year.
In this episode, Amir shares how he is unique to the recruiting industry. As a former engineer himself, he could still jot out a few lines of code! He’s seen tech recruiting from both sides: during his engineering career, he constantly saw agency recruiters take shortcuts, and use deceptive practices all for their own benefit.
In this episode, Amir dives into the importance of leveraging new technologies and techniques to reach clients and candidates efficiently. For Amir, it’s all about the intersection between digital marketing, technology and recruiting. Here’s what you can expect to hear:
- The evolution of advertising: from generic to ultra-personalized (3:26)
- The problem with ‘short-term sales thinking’ in the recruiting industry (5:24)
- How digital content can boost your candidate engagement (6:02)
- The art of staying in touch: the strategy that every hiring manager or recruiter can start using (8:20)
- Investing in content creation vs. relying on third-party sites (11:33)